1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

print Screen

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mcclave65, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mcclave65

mcclave65 Thread Starter

I just installed microsoft word 07 and i can not perform a screen print. Everytime I do the command and try to paste to word it only prints my toolbar or tray thats located at bottom of my computer. I never had problems before I installed 07. Please help. Thanks

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

I can't help your issue, but I highly recommend this free program for screen prints. I make up lot of instructions in WORD where I grab a lot of screen shots.

the default settings need to be changed so it doesn't pop up, and you can choose the option for Rectangle Area so you can just drag a box around the area you want. The program saves the screen print as a file ( and numbers it) and is also saved to the clipboard, so you can paste it right away.

The other consideration i (which led me to search for it) is screen prints make your Word file quite large, even if you think cropping should make it smaller, this program makes a noticable difference.

http://www.gadwin.com/download/

Look for the link under Gadwin PrintScreen ( not Professional), and it is NOT a "Trial Free", it doesn't expire.

3. dotty999

dotty999

First Name:
    Dotty
    another great free print screen prog here extremely easy to use and you can capture as much or as little of the screen as you want

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Just fyi, Word is saving it to the Clipboard, which is what that tray at the bottom (or can be at the top) is. You then click into your document and it can paste from the Clipboard to Word. You might want to check out this link about using the Clipboard with Word 2007: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA101636021033.aspx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice