1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Print Spooler problem in WIN7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Patkid, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patkid

Patkid Thread Starter

I started having a print problem last week and tracked it down to the program SPOOLSV.EXE crashing. Without the spooler subsytem running I can add or delete any printers. Research indicated that I probably have some corruption in the registry that is preventing it from running correctly. I can go in and restart the program but as soon as I attempt to do anyting with a printer (print, add or delete) it crashed again.

I finally downloaded a program I saw advertsied on the Tech Support Guy website named REimage that actually got it working after I didled around with it for awhile but then I ran some other utility to finish the cleanup and now it is broken again.

I am now getting "Error 1067" and once I got an Error 1053. I found a tool on the Microsoft website that is supposed to help with a 1067 but I thought I would ask around to see if anybody has had this problem and what they did to resolve it before and I go any further. I suppose I could restore to a previous setpoint, but I would rather not have to go back and redo everything I've done since the last one.

Can anybody help with fixing a print spooler subsytem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice