1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

print spooler won't start

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by elit497, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elit497

elit497 Thread Starter

I am trying to install a canon mx310 on my dell. i was in the middle of the process, almost done, at the point of connecting printer to the computer when i accidently disconnected the power to the computer. restarted and now i can install b/c a window pops up stating: print spooler not started"
    i got to the point where i can tell my computer to start it then a window pops up that says it cant find the files.
    what can i do?
    i already uninstalled most of what i did installed but it wont uninstall certain components b/c the print spooler is not started. I cant started b/c it cant find the file.
    i tried disengaging the antivirus no good.
    help!!!!!!!!!!!

2. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

3. elit497

elit497 Thread Starter

tried that already and again with your suggestion .
    it is not running so i couldnt hit stop
    i hit start and got this message: system cannot find file specified.
    anything else i can try thanks

4. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

I would delete all references to the computer and re-instal it ......do a search typing in printer and delete anything it shows to do with that printer ......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756327

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice