1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Print to a printer overseas

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ds00, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ds00

ds00 Thread Starter

Hi All,

Is there any way to add a printer to my computer that is on a completely different network? It's a small residential setup on both ends.

Thanks

2. oksteve

oksteve

3. oksteve

oksteve

I have just tried it out and the only downside I see is that you have to create an account with their server in order to print to a printer not on your network.
    Which suggests to me that you send print jobs to them first and they are passed on to the relevant printer.
    There is still no charge but if your sending personal information to print then you need to be aware it may be seen by others.
    Having said that I doubt very much if any reputable company will evesdrop on your work, but its worth bearing in mind.

There are other alternatives such as Dropbox http://www.dropbox.com/
    Print files could loaded in a shared dropbox and downloaded to be printed.

Then there is a direct link via your browser to the ip address of the printer. But that opens up a whole new world of hurt. A lil over my head !

Try a search here to for remote printing etc and of course the great god Google...praise be to Google.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/985370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice