Print webpages without pictures

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Topazz

A friend has asked me this:

If my browser is set up so that it doesn't display images, when printing pages it still fetches and prints the images - which sometimes wastes a lot of colour ink when I only want the text.

I know you can print only what you select with the cursor, but that's a bit awkward with frames.

The settings for "Do Not Print Background Images" is checked and "Show image download placeholders" is unchecked.

At the moment I have to disconnect the modem so it can't get the gifs - this is effective, but then I've got to wait for the reconnection.

Is there a registry tweak or something to print pages without images?

Thank you!!

Topazz,

Try saving the page first using Save As...

For the Save as type, select 'Web Page, HTML only' or 'Text file'.

Open the saved file and print. It should print without any pictures.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online