Printer cartridge installed incorrectly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shortcut

I just started getting a pop-up that says I have installed my black ink cartridge incorrectly and to press ok to continue printing. This happens whenever I want to print something. Also, I don't need to press ok since the subject prints ok anyway.

This started after I re-inked the same cartridge the 5th or 6th time. I have cleaned the contacts in the printer and on the cartridge, checked all the pins for bends, all the printer cable connections look and feel solid, de-installed (including register entries) and re-installed the printer soft ware, and put in a brand new cartridge. I even went to my second hard drive and made it a master and unplugged my first hard drive - I had made a copy of the first hard drive about 6 mos ago and still the same problem.

IDEAS PLEASE!

thanks,
shortcut

Max19

Account Disabled
Replace the cartridge with a NEW one. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to live with the error message. Refilled cartridges can permanently damage a printer, and the manufacturer won't help you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online