Printer communication problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bump

Running WinXP with an HP OfficeJet 720 Series All-In One. I keep getting "communication error" "communication failed" and such messages yet the printer continues to work. It does freeze up for a few moments and is painfully slow. Each time I use it, it wants to reconfigure the system settings, which takes forever. Is this normal?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi Bump, welcome to TSG....

Have you tried looking for updated drivers on the HP website?

Bump

Yep, I downloaded everything I could get my hands on (just kidding). I downloaded the updated driver for XP but to no avail. I've uninstalled and reinstalled till the cows came home but... It seems like I'm just missing a small piece of the puzzle. Kinda makes one wonder what it's all about? Even as I'm typing this the printer is frozen up. Darn :(

Bump

Yep, I downloaded everything I could get my hands on (just kidding). I downloaded the updated driver for XP but to no avail. I've uninstalled and reinstalled till the cows came home but... It seems like I'm just missing a small piece of the puzzle. Kinda makes one wonder what it's all about? Even as I'm typing this the printer is frozen up. Darn :(

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Without me going to the HP site (hehe, one of my favorite places) is this a USB or parallel all-in-one?

Do you have any conflicting devices in the device manager (does XP still have that)? Sorry, not into XP yet.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online