1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer compatible with MS-DOS software???

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by el1ero, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. el1ero

el1ero Thread Starter

Hello experts,

I have the need to post here to get a an answer that can resolve my problem.

The situation is that I have a software on MS-DOS working on Windows 98 and I need a printer that can be compatible to it.

Appreciate all the help you can bring me, any suggestion will surely be helpful.

Thanks

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

MS-DOS is an operating system, and Windows 98 is an operating system. What is it exactly that you have installed? What program? Is it supposed to support printing? Is there a function to do so?

3. el1ero

el1ero Thread Starter

The software was created more than 15 years ago on MS-DOS with Visual Basic, but it loads on OS 98 and XP by command prompt with dos commands.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

So does the program have a print command or not?

5. el1ero

el1ero Thread Starter

yes it does, on command prompt.

6. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

So how do you currently print using this application.

7. el1ero

el1ero Thread Starter

8. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

What I meant was how do you physically make the software print to the printer!

9. centauricw

centauricw

You'll need a printer that does not offload the rending engine to Windows. This could be a problem with newer printers. Look for one that is fully compatible with Linux and check the specs for the supported print languages. Generally printers that support LaserJet III with work with really old DOS programs.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice