1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer/Copier/Scanner getting me bumped

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rich42350, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich42350

Rich42350 Thread Starter

My question is; I had an old Xerox (3 years) copier hooked up to my laptop without any problems. I purchased a HP1210V Printer /Copier/Scanner. The confusing part is that I can use the P S C until I get on-line. When I get on-line and try to use it I get bumped offline. It works fine offline. I am somewhat literate to tech. I'll try whatever anyone suggests. I should add and don't hold it against me, I use aol which I have not called just so they can say its not our problem or something like that. I thought it might be not enough memory but it says it only requires 8MB to operate and I have a total of 64MB. I might need more but before i go and do that I wanted some opinions from all the techies. I trust you guys more than the local shops.

Thanks for your help...

2. Rockn

Rockn

DO you have the fax line connected and are you on dial up for your internet connection?

3. Rich42350

Rich42350 Thread Starter

My fax is on a separate line and yes I am on dial up. Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/233292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice