1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer, copier, Scanner?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by batnip, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. batnip

batnip Thread Starter

I want a good printer that hooks up to my windows XP, Its for a small business, But I want a copier machine, Scanner, printer all in one, Im going to use the copier machine quite a bit, so I want a good quality one, I would rather it be under $2000.00 Thx Ben

2. batnip

batnip Thread Starter

I want a good printer that hooks up to my windows XP, Its for a small business, But I want a copier machine, Scanner, printer all in one, Im going to use the copier machine quite a bit, so I want a good quality one, I would rather it be under $2000.00 Thx Ben

3. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

Laser or Inkjet?

4. batnip

batnip Thread Starter

Whats the disavantges of the lasor, or the inkjet, I want a good quality one though, I always had a inkjet printer, so you tell me :p

Ben

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    for a small business you can get a good color all in one laser printer for under $2000

6. alwrmc

alwrmc

First Name:
    B.L.
    There are a lot of inkjet "all in one" units, but I don't know how many laser "all in one" units are out there. Try searching the EPSON and HP web sites. I personally prefer Epson, but there are very good units from Brother, Lexmark, HP and Epson. For laser units try Minolta, Xerox, HP. A Google search will turn up a lot of places to look.

7. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

I saw a Canon All-in-One Color Laser at Staples last night for $999

8. slipe

slipe

I guess you are aware that almost all current scanners have a copy button. You push the button and a copy comes out of your printer. I mention this because you have more choices if you get the components separately.

You probably want a laser printer. For an office it is the only thing that really makes sense for a lot of output. Ink costs are off the wall expensive after a while with an inkjet. You haven’t told us whether you need color output.

Many people like HP for laser printers, but I don’t see a multifunction color laser with a document feeder in your price range. This isn’t very fast but has all the features you need: http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=125&modelid=10561

Be aware that some color inkjet multifunction machines come with photo printers. That sounds like a good deal, but not as an “only” machine and especially not in an office. You either have to swap out cartridges to get a pigmented black or it doesn’t come with a pigmented black at all. You need a large pigmented black tank for fast and dark text at a reasonable price per page.

With all due respect I don’t find Epinions reliable at all. People can write well but not really know dung about computers. I don’t care that Dewy Dimwit can’t get the software running on his multifunction machine.

9. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

Not a dimwit, but do not look for me posting here anymore. ........thanks for the comment SLIPE and have a great day.

10. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

jd, with all due respect, I believe you have taken Slipe's comment regarding HIS opinion of Epinions way out of context here. I think you'll agree once you look at what was said again.

11. slipe

slipe

I guess I didn’t make that very clear. Anybody can post a review there and you have no idea of their qualifications. At equipment review sites they have usually reviewed other comparable units and can give reasonable comparisons. Professional reviewers also seem to get equipment and software set up properly and don’t go off on tangents about things a reasonable person could probably sort out quickly.

My sincerest apologies if it appeared I was referring to your opinions in a negative way. I wasn’t.

12. shadowcat

shadowcat

13. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I've merged both of your threads, please don't duplicate post.

14. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

The printer Slipe linked to is the one that I saw in Staples.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice