1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer Cuts off page numbers at bottom of page; cuts off part of footer as well

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pcvchriskmg, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcvchriskmg

pcvchriskmg Thread Starter

I am printing a Microsoft Word 2007 document and the numbers are cut off at the bottom of the page. This is using an HP7100 inkjet. Part of the footer is lost as well.

When I change the printer, and print from our Canon ir2018 LASER, everything is printed in its entirety. There are no problems, and that's with me not altering the Word file whatsoever.

I am able to print an Excel spreadsheet using the HP7100 until about 1/4" of the bottom of the page. These page numbers in the Word 2007 are much higher up (physically) and should not be out of the range of the printer considering what it can do for the Excel file.

Lastly, when viewing the document in "Print Preview" in Word, if I have the HP7100 set to print, it does not show that the footer will be printed. If I change the Printer to the Canon, the footer returns. So Print Preview accurately tells me what will be printed based on which printer I select to print from.

Is this an issue in Microsoft Word? How can I print these footers and page numbers from my HP7100?

Chris

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice