1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer defaults don't hold

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brianml, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianml

brianml Thread Starter

Printer: Canon PIXMA Ip3000
    OS: XP Home. After setting Print preferences in Control Panel, Printer, to 1. Plain paper. 2. A4, Potrait. 3. Apply & OK the printer obeys. Once.
    After that Plain paper becomes Env, and A4, Portrait becomes DL (an envelope size) and Landscape. To have to check the setting before each print is bore. Clicking the Default buttons does restore the Control Panel Defaults, again once. Canon recommended Uninstall and reinstall from the CD. Of course there was no fix. The driver is upto date. Does anyone have an idea?
    Brian.

2. DerekC

DerekC

Just a shot in the dark....

Is there a cannon control panel? A desktop icon, or a taskbar icon? If so it's setting might supersede the settings within Printers and Faxes.

3. brianml

brianml Thread Starter

Thanks Derek for the prompt reply. I opened the icon in Programs and followed all the Print advice which basically took me to Print prefs & page set ups as per that found in Printers & faxes. I entered my usual stuff and will now await my next printing session(s) to see what happens. I will advise.
    Thanks again. Brian

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975536

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice