1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer deletes documents before they are printed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by steviejay, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steviejay

steviejay Thread Starter

When i try to print something the documents appear in my print queue then are deleted before they even begin to print, my printer was working fine until yesterday and now this :mad:

Please help

Steve

2. qldit

qldit

G'day steviejay, sounds like you have an intelligent printer that is censoring your output!
    That is a worry, I haven't seen that problem previously.
    You might try having a look in your control panel, system, devices or device manager, with a bit of luck when you scroll down through all your devices you will find a USB printer, (assuming yours is usb) if you open that item you should see something like "this devise is working properly" which is a good start for troubleshooting.
    There should be no yellow exclamation marks on this item.
    Are you quite sure your print queue in the print manager is being actually deleted?
    What kind of printer is it?
    The assumption is that it is a PC using a windows variant.
    Cheers, qldit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/363157