1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer disables wireless . . .

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tja, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tja

tja Thread Starter

I just purchased a Belkin wireless adapter and wireless router for my destop. I have a Epson NX400 printer that does not have wireless capability (it connects to the computer with a cable). My problem is this: whenever I turn the power on for the printer, I immediately lose my wireless connection, the icon for the wireless internet disappears from the system tray, and I get a pop-up message that says "No wireless hardware is detected on this computer". When I open the router software and choose "fix", it doesn't work. The only way that I can regain my wireless internet connection is to uninstall and reinstall the adapter and router software. The Belkin support has had me do many things - none have worked so far. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? Below is the report of TSG SysInfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 509 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, 96 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 72716 MB, Free - 45041 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0K8980
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!