1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer does not print from the computer.

Discussion in 'General Security' started by oversagene, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oversagene

oversagene Thread Starter

hp pcs1300 series all in one printer is offline and will not print from the computer nor does it scan from the scan button. What can I do to repair same. I am not a computer expert.
    S/n MY 3908BF 287
    Q 3500 A 9/24/83.

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

is it plugged into a USB port? And if usb is it directly connected to the computer, or is it an external USB hub ( like a splitter to give more connections)...

* confirm that other USB devices work...camera, MP3 etc

Have you restarted your computer,

3. oversagene

it's plugged into a usb port at the rear of the computer 7 is directed connected. Other devices do work and computer has been restarted. Thanks for the help even though I need more. HELP!!!

4. oversagene

My [printer does not print so I can't print out the Guide for New Members or for My Posts.

5. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

right click on the "My computer" Icon and select "manage"...click "Services" ( under Services and applications)... On the right side look for Print Spooler, make sure it says "Started", if not restart it ( not the computer the service)...the option is on the right click menu or look at the top...make sure Print spooler is selected.

6. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

also try...in printer menu, double click your printer icon...then in the window that pops up, click "Printer" menu...make sure "Use Printer offline" is UNchecked.

7. oversagene

I have learned my computer is set to'Offline' and I need to know how to set it 'Online'. Thanks for all of the previous help and support.

8. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

did you do anything I told you?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759177