1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer Driver affected by Verizon DSL connection

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Lizaroo, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lizaroo

Lizaroo Thread Starter

Computer runs Windows98, connected to HP Deskjet 895Cse (parallel port) with no problems until this week installed Verizon DSL using Westell Dual Connect modem with ethernet connected directly to computer. Had problems right away with the DSL connection, it would keep disconnecting and the ethernet light blinks on the modem (I think that's abnormal). Verizon Online Tech Support guided me through some diagnostics and found I needed some reconfiguring, which was done. Now connection is much better but printer stopped working. Printer won't print from any application, get varied error messages, like "Can't find printer," "No printer installed," "Printer not responding," etc. Hewlett packard's website seemed to suggest reinstall printer driver. I inherited the printer from a friend and software is lost, so I downloaded new printer driver. This solved the problem for about 30 minutes and then I went online and now no printer again. Same error messages. Any ideas much appreciated.:confused:

2. Nothingface

Nothingface

Not sure if this is what you say, but the dsl modem connects to parallel port? If so, there must be another way to connect it..maybe through USB..or just with the ethernet cable..cable from modem to NIC.

3. Del

Del

What name and model number is on the modem your ISP gave you?

4. Lizaroo

Lizaroo Thread Starter

Sorry, I meant that the printer is connected via parallel port and the modem is connected via ethernet (duh). DSL installation Instructions indicate our best choice is ethernet, not USB. I am not at the actual location at this writing, but will provide modem model number ASAP. Thanks :rolleyes:

5. Lizaroo

Lizaroo Thread Starter

OK, modem is a Westell Dual Connect model number A90-210015-04. Also I note that when I powered up the computer today, the error message read, "Could not load or run 'scrsvr.exe' specified in the WIN.INI file. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the WIN.INI file." I checked and the 'scrsvr.exe' file apparently does not exist. Thanks again for any thoughts on how to proceed.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!