printer drivers won't install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jw1496

I have recently tried and failed to install two different printers on my laptop and neither would complete the installation process.
The most recent problem is with a canon mg5250 printer. It does not matter whether I install from the DVD or from a downloaded file (mg5200swin104ea24.exe) the installation stalls with the error message "An error occurred while files were being copied.:0001 0000"

My computer is an acer aspire 5580 running vista. It is not short of disc space.
The antivirus software is Sophos

I can't seem to get past this block.

Any suggestions?

jw1496

Tried that - it goes exactly the same distance and then stops with the same error message. So I don't think Sophos "on access control" is the problem.

jw1496

The windows driver file I mentioned in the original post came from the canon site

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online