Printer drivers wont install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

catzmeow4me

I just bought a printer off the internet about a week ago. I plugged it into my computer and tried to install the drivers, but when I did they wouldnt install. I think the drivers might be outdated, if that is possible. I went on the companies website to look at their selection of drivers, and I found the printer that I purchased, unfortunately the drivers they had listed for it were for Windows 95, and 98 I believe. I have Windows XP on my computer, so I think that might be why they arent working. When I direct the computer to the folder where the drivers are it say something like "this folder doesnt contain information on your printer", or something like that. But that is the disk and software that came with the printer, and I even downloaded it off the website to be sure it was right, it still didnt work. Im truely a noob at this, so any help would be great. Thanks!

catzmeow4me

It is an ID printer. The model is Persona Plus, and the manufacturer is Fargo Electronics.

catzmeow4me

Thanks for the advise. I followed that link and after going though some more links, it dropped me back at this site:
http://www.fargosupport.com/archive_results.asp?archPrinter=17&archSubmit.x=59&archSubmit.y=5
Thats the Fargo printer site that I went to originally. All the drivers they have listed for my printer are not for my version of Windows. Should that matter if there is not an XP driver, like should the other ones work, or do I have to try to find one for XP, if they even have one???

Well,like you I have Googled my brains out on this one only to find Win.2000 Print Drivers.

I would not be confident to tell you to Install them into a XP System.

The problem you have offcoarse is that printer is very old.And I mean OLD.

It's of no help to you now but I suggest before buying on-line check Compatibility with your System.

So it might be an idea to purchase another Printer,even a new one is very cheap now,about $65.00 brand new........these days

I would try the Windows 2000 drivers, it's that or the "scrap heap" I'm afraid and sometimes they work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts