Printer encryption

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crsaj

Do you have a link to the Windows store. All I'm seeing is the HP site

The store is accessed via the Windows store app. Go to the start menu and look down the alphabetic list for the store

crsaj

Sorry but I'm in the window store and searched for hp envy 4500. No results. What should I search for

At the start screen, select add a new printer. On the next screen It might auto-detect your printer if not select + Add printer

crsaj

I tried adding a new printer but it couldn't find my printer. I may be out of luck

crsaj

My cell phone keeps saying the printer is not encrypted. I have no idea how to encrypt it. That was my original issue as headlined.

Turn the printer off, wait 30 seconds, turn it on and try again.
If the printer is connected to your computer make sure that's turned on and logged in.
Check the manual for your printer to check it's properly configured for a WiFi connection (if you don't have the manual to hand, download it from the support page for your printer on the manufacturers website (a copy maybe on any installation CD you have).

crsaj

I will try that but it should be configured correctly since I use to be able to print from phone. Will this solve the encryption issue

crsaj

Finally I believe I've conquered the wireless network problem so that I can print wirelessly from my Laptop to my printer. However the encryption issue is still not resolved so I still cannot print for my cell phone or other devices to my printer.. when I try my phone says encryption error printer offline.

That's something

Search for and install the HP printer and scan doctor, to see if that helps.

I found some articles about encryption and printing issues, but they were related to Apple products

Over the years I struggled doing the it the conventional way. For me what works best is to first make sure the printer is connected to your router or modem/router. Once the printer is connected to the router then the software on the computer can find it and set up the computer to use it.

The following looks complicated but once you have done it the first time you will find it much easier than doing it any other way.

Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS – requires WPS router)

Push Button (PBC) method
1. Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer until the wireless light starts blinking, approximately three seconds to start WPS push button mode.
2. Press the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router. The light should start blinking.

NOTE: The printer begins a timer for approximately two minutes while a wireless connection is established.

HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One series
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03784120.pdf

crsaj

I would like to thank everyone for all the help. I'm not 100% sure what I did but I'm now able to print wirelessly from both my laptop and cell phone. One of my initial problems was I was trying to tie in to the router and not my Mesh. I'm also thinking that by turning off the printer and unplugging it for 30 secs helped reset everything. I also down downloaded the hp smartware to my cell phone. After doing that I was able to print from phone. I hope it last.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online