Printer Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jemhead

I thought maybe I posted this in the wrong spot, so I'm trying here

Well I got a new printer for Christmas.
The Epson Stylus Photo R340
From the first day I went to install it. I have had issues.
It shows the drivers installing from the installation CD and the printer seems to work fine.
(I have printed CD/DVDs, and documents with no problems)
The problem is everytime I turn the computer on, or the printer off and then on again.
Windows says "Found new Hardware" and attempts to install the printer again.
I then get an "Installation failed, Access denied error"

I have attempted to uninstall and re-install the printer about 7 times.(re-reading the directions each time) and trying a new USB cable.
I even cleaned the registry with Crap Cleaner to be sure there was no old printer issues.

I then contacted Epson Tech Support, and they said this sounds like a microsoft issue.
Like the computer is'nt recognizing me as the administrator. I am the only user of this computer and have the admin. account.

I am running the following:

Windows XP SP2
2.08 ghz
1 gig RAM
120 gb harddrive w/ 53gb free
4.3 gb harddrive (recovery drive)

All my updates are done and I have had no other issues installing other things..
(2 DVD R/RW drives,Linksys wireless G router and an Epson 2480 scanner )

Hopefully someone has an idea, this is getting annoying.
Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online