1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Printer Fighting Windows 10 Update?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by snickert, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:45 AM.

Advertisement
  1. snickert

snickert Thread Starter

First Name:
    Kay
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 12196 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 918 GB (798 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 07KY25
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

I have a Lexmark X8350 All-In-One ink jet printer. After one of Windows 10 updates the printer is unable to communicate with the computer. This happened some time after the 12/12/2018 Windows 10 update I believe.

I've uninstalled the printer driver a number of times with no luck. Lexmark no longer issues updated drivers for this printer.

I've turned off the firewall for Avast, which didn't make a difference, still no luck.

I don't know how to turn of Windows 10 firewall if there is one running.:(

Not sure what else to share but if someone can help with this would be greatly appreciated!

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

You may be out of luck. The last driver had that would work on windows 7 was a windows VISTA driver. https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/PRINTER/LEXMARK/Lexmark-X8350-Printer-Driver-1062-for-Vista.shtml It was only made for use with windows 98,ME,Vista & XP.
    Some one suggested :
    "unplug the USB cable of your lexmark from your PC
    uninstall all lexmark software and uninstall the driver,
    restart your PC
    plug in the usb cable again
    windows 10 might? install the driver itself, without installing anything yourself. Another discussion here :https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-printer/a18e6e2e-0852-4803-9211-d1d462eb7ec2

3. snickert

snickert Thread Starter

First Name:
    Kay

Lots of good info! Thanks!
    I've kept the last driver Lexmark had for this printer and it's worked all along until this last Windows 10 update. This time can't make it happen. It's a great little all-in-one printer but guess it's time to get a new one. Didn't really want to do that though! I think I've done most of what you've suggested but I'll give it one more try! Thanks again!:)

4. snickert

snickert Thread Starter

First Name:
    Kay

Hit pay dirt this time!

There was one step I was doing at the wrong time I think but not sure now which one it was!

Here's the steps I followed this time:
    1) Printer on
    2) Unplug USB cable
    3) Uninstall software
    4) Shut down PC
    5) Start PC
    6) Plug in USB cable
    Then I crossed my fingers!;)

And it printed and scanned and that's all I really need it for and I don't print that often anymore AND I just bought new ink!

upload_2019-1-10_15-45-40.png

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!