1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printer/floppy drive problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomathy, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomathy

tomathy Thread Starter

2 things, i have an hp Apollo p-1200 printer, i changes the ink and now it wont print. i choose a document, go to print, the computer says its printing but nothing happens to the printer. i checked all the connexions and the ink cartridge and everything seems fine. I'm using windows ME. also my floppy disk drive wont work, its there on my computer but click on it and it says "insert disk". the light on it is always on, i checked the connexions n they seem fine. what shall i do??

2. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

If the light is always on then the cable connecting the floppy to the mobo is backwards.

Did you buy a proper ink cartridge for the printer? Or did you get it from one of those shops that makes it's own ink cartridges?

3. tomathy

tomathy Thread Starter

i bought the ink cartridge from pc world and its the correct one!

4. tomathy

tomathy Thread Starter

i tried switching round the ide cable connecting the floppy drive to the motherboard and its the same?

5. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

Its backwards in the actual floopy drive. On the cable you should see a red or a white strip down along the side - switch it so its facing the other way

6. brite750

brite750

the stripe should be facing pin1 or the same direction as the other ide connections at the drive itself it should be toward the power connection, the cable and or the drive may be bad also.

7. tomathy

tomathy Thread Starter

i tried switching around the cable so the red stripe was the other side and the light went off but it still wouldnt read the disk!!! i bouble click on the floppy icon and it takes a while then it says "please insert disk".
    also i still cant get my printer to work!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice