1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer Hell!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gjtasha, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gjtasha

gjtasha Thread Starter

My printer responds to the print command, but doesn't print any of the information that is viewed on the page. All I seem to get is symbols and strings of letters it doesn't say anything at all. All I want is to print my documents for school or whatever is showing on my screen, I have a hp deskjet 640c, anyone have any suggestions ????

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sounds like the driver is corrupt. Go to Add/Remove Programs or Start -> Programs -> HP Deskjet and use the uninstaller to remove the driver/software. Then go to Start -> Settings -> Printers and remove all printers listed. Next go to HP's website and download the latest driver and install it. Hopefully this will fix your problem.

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwa...tware&prodId=hpdeskjet620187&sw_lang=en&cc=us

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice