1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer HP Deskjet 1000 J100 series

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jeltroy, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jeltroy

Jeltroy Thread Starter

I'm trying to check the ink levels for my printer. For HP Deskjet 1000 J100 series. I've installed and set up the printer but don't know where the control panel or HP toolbox is. I opened the HP Deskjet icon, but the only thing that opens is a window asking if I want to install a new printer. I opened the HP Smart app, and the printer says that it's Ready, but when I click on printer settings, then print quality tools, it says "This feature is not available for your selected printer through HP smart app. To check control panel."

I've been going around in circles trying to find the control panel or toolbox. Also, I've been using the printer for a couple of years now, with no problems. So it's hooked up correctly. It's only now I decided to use the Check Printer ink function.

Maybe I need to install another driver or something. All I want to do is check printer ink levels. Please help.

Thanks, Josie

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

To do that, you need to make sure you have the "HP Solution Center" is installed. To find that you need to check your programs list to see if it's listed.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I will point out that those are just estimates, not actual readings (unless HP is different than Canon). Canon provides ink levels with just the drivers installed. Every time that I print something, a box pops up which shows the ink levels. And I can always continue to print even after a specific cartridge is reported as "empty". I just totally ignore the popup now and replace whatever cartridge is empty when the actual printer output is miscolored.

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Yep...just estimates.

HP.PNG

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I found ink level stats on HP printers to be a waste of my time.
    It showed me what the estimated levels were then the printer stopped printing.
    I installed a new black cart and it is now printing. So it would appear the 60% remaining was far from the truth!

I now put part of an address label on the printer lid with the date the black cart was installed and the date when the color cart was installed. Of course printer usage varies widely. Some weeks we print a lot and other weeks nothing.

bassfisher6522 likes this.
  6. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

What a great and simple idea.....Nice! I'm going to start doing that on my HP 5610v. She's old but she works like a champ.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice