Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

printer in error state

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
my printer is in an error state have tried everything fromdeleting hp data on control panel snd resetting printer still does not work i am not computer literate so what else cani do

#6 ·
I did that with an HP that refused to print black even with a new genuine HP cart installed.

After I got another HP AIO printer (different model) and tried to use the new, unused black cartridge and it refused to print too, I concluded there was something wrong with the genuine HP cart. Too bad i didn't save the sales slip or I would have taken it and the printer back to show there was something wrong with the cart.

I occasionally have to do this with the replacement AIO we bought because the power light flashes and the printer will not turn off.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
* Remove USB cable, if present.
* Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
* Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
* Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.