1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer Install Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Antoninus56, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Antoninus56

Antoninus56 Thread Starter

ech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 2045 Mb
    Graphics Card:
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 72708 MB, Free - 22606 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0TC667
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A Few months ago I installed a new Kodak ESP 310 AIO printer (wireless). No problems. As a result of moving I had to remove the printer. ( Just unplugged machine). When I attempted to install the printer at the new location I could not!. I tried to install the printer via Control Panel -"Printers & Fax" "Add A Printer". However, when I clicked on the Add a Printer icon NO Add a Printer Wizard appeared.
    I have logged in as Administrator with no luck. I established a second Administrator user a/c with no success. I even tried to use "System Restore" however, a second problem has occured as I can not restore the system to a prior date. Tried several prior dates with no success.
    Any suggestions ??:confused:Antoninus56

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Are you using the same wireless router you used before the move ?

3. Antoninus56

Come to think of it, no I am not. Was having connectivity problems and purchased and installed a TRENDNET 652, 300 Mbps Wireless N Home Router. Had been using a Trendnet 150Mbps model.
    On another note, tried to reslove problem by trying System Restore. However, no matter what restore point I try, system cannot accomplish the restore. Have tried via "Safe Mode" without success.

4. dant22185

dant22185

Do you have the original setup disks the printer came with? Also try downloading the driver from the manufacturer's website. Generally these driver packages have a built in wizard that will help with the setup.

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Maybe a setting in the new router is different than in the old one, the wireless security section perhaps, password etc. ?

6. Antoninus56

I took one of your suggestions and replaced the current Router with the one I previously had installed when the adding of a Printer was not an issue. That Router was secure and had a Password. Installed same, & rebooted the PC. No success. Still, cannot get a "Add A Printer Wizard" to appear. I tried to re-install the Printer software however, I got an error message that the software to install was not available. Attempted again to use "System Restore" to a date when the printer had been installed and operational, however, I received a message that the attempt was not successful. In the past I have used System Restore to "cure" some of my problems.

One other question if I may? I tried run System Restore from "Safe Mode" however, when the "User" log in screen appeared the keyboard was inoperative.?? Once out of this mode keyboard working fine.

I am far from Computer literate but I can navigate around the system to some degree.

Really at a loss this time. Help! :confused:

7. Hughv

Hughv

"Installation Instructions

Verify that your computer meets the system requirements.
    NOTE: WINDOWS XP 64-bit Operating System is not supported.
    Disconnect your all-in-one printer from your computer.
    Verify that you logged on to the computer using the administrator account.
    Close all programs.
    Download the software onto your computer.
    Double-click the *.exe file, then follow the on-screen instructions.
    When the installation is complete, connect your all-in-one printer to your computer.
    Select Start > Programs > Kodak > Kodak AiO Home Center."
    http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17138/selected/true

8. Antoninus56

Had original printer installation disk on hand. Signed on as Admin. PC, read disk and started auto installation. Got to the point where it asked for the printer to be connected. Did so via USB. Installation proceeded for a short time then ceased. Error Message read... " Error during Installation. the specified procedure coud not be found.".. Baffled. I am still curious why I am not getting an "Add Printer Wizard"????? Any ideas on that front??:confused::confused::confused:

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!