Printer install-uninstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iauerbachva

Periodically, the printer driver for my HP Deskjet 710C crashes. When that happens, it must be uninstalled and reinstalled. Sometimes, the uninstall program freezes before it completes its work. Until today, that has not prevented me from reinstalling. Today, however, it did. Now, the entry for the printer driver is done from the add/remove list, and when I try to reinstall, I get a message saying it won't do that until the uninstall is completed. Since the driver is no longer on the add/remove list, I cannot complete the uninstall. What do I do now?

in start, program files do you have the printer listed in there and with in it is there an uninstall option?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Look on the install cd for a file called something like forced uninstall.......if that doesn't do the trick, you'll need to do a manual removal. I believe I have an HP email outlining this, I'll look for it in case this doesn't work for you.

iauerbachva

Thanks, AcaCandy and fockewolf, for your suggestions. Sadly, neither will work. When I try to use Start/Programs/HP Uninstall, nothing happens. And I no longer have the original CD; it failed a while ago and was discarded. Since then, when I have had to reinstall, I have used a file downloaded from the HP site.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
The forced uninstall program is also available for download on their website.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online