Printer is Disconnecting from Network on a Daily Basis

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mreow

Hello!

I feel like I've tried everything -

Ever since we got a new router/modem combo from cable company, the printer will not stay on the network. I have to reconfigure the network for the printer on a daily basis, sometimes multiple times a day.

I have called cable company twice - first time they said it was because there are 2 network (1 is 5G) and both had the same name, then second time it was something to do with the channels?

I've also done troubleshooting with the printer company - nothing is working.

I am using a Mac, the printer is a Brother L2360-DW, the router/modem combo is a Technicolor TC8717T.

Last edited:

plodr

Liz
I am using a Mac, the printer is a Brother, the router/modem combo is a Technicolor.
You'll need to supply the model of each device not just the brand name.
You also have to post how the printer is attached to the network: attached to a computer, gateway or print server.

Note: I haven't used an Apple computer since 1989 so I can't offer any troubleshooting assistance.

Your dual band gateway operates on 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies with both SSIDs the same. That's what the tech told you.

Depending on what country you reside, the channels are 1 through 11 (US) or 1 thru 14 ( other countries).

The printer might operate on just the 2.4GHz frequency. So you need to be sure you set up that network.

mreow

You'll need to supply the model of each device not just the brand name.
You also have to post how the printer is attached to the network: attached to a computer, gateway or print server.

Note: I haven't used an Apple computer since 1989 so I can't offer any troubleshooting assistance.

Your dual band gateway operates on 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies with both SSIDs the same. That's what the tech told you.

Depending on what country you reside, the channels are 1 through 11 (US) or 1 thru 14 ( other countries).

The printer might operate on just the 2.4GHz frequency. So you need to be sure you set up that network.
Thanks Liz. Don't think the computer I'm using really makes a difference since it's the network.

Yes it's 2.4 and 5. The printer is on the 2.4 and yes that is set up. The network being set up isn't really the issue as much as there's an issue that every day the printer is disconnected from the network. This also happens to the scanner, and our laptops. It started happening when we got the new router/modem.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Could be that when ever the device(s) power down, hibernate or go to sleep, the connection is broken.
You need to check settings for each device for this action.

NOTE: if you can I would use a cat5 or 6 cable for any printer scanner device.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online