printer issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ruggb

dell 962 AIO works fine on another computer.

same cable to printer, same drivers installed on a Dell DT XP and the file goes to the print xfer window, it says it is printing, then it is cleared out but nothing gets to the printer. When it "finishes" transferring the status flashes "deleting" on the file line in the window before the line is removed.

Drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled. There was an issue with notepad opening a .vbs file but i fixed that.

not a virus; system files were scanned with SFC; printer is recognized by computer; printer works on another computer using same cable, same drivers

what could be the issue????????

Is the system listed in your specs the one the printer works with? I'm guessing the W7 OS is 64-bit because you show 6GB of RAM. Is that correct?

If so is the other computer also 64-bit? If not I think you are likely dealing with a driver issue.

ruggb

not sure where u got the 6GB info.
both systems are XP with 1GB ram
one is a LT one a DT.

the clue might be the "deleting" part.
I haven't noticed that before.
usually, i think, it just finishes and goes away.
why does this one say "deleting"?

It is as if I went in and cancelled the print job.
The status changes to deleting, it hangs for a while then the entry goes away.

this doesn't hang for any time.

So could it be that something is automatically cancelling the print job - that is what it appears as.

In your user profile, there is a section called computer specifications. Clicking on the computer icon next to your user name at the top-left of your post indicates W7 and 6GB RAM. You may want to correct that as it is somewhat misleading.

I'm not familiar with the acronyms "LT" and "DT" as regards an OS. Please enlighten me.

ruggb

sorry, this is not on my local computer
both are XP
LT=laptop, DT=desktop.

OK... (y) Just like to get everyone on the same page.

I have an appointment this afternoon, so perhaps someone else will chime in. I'll check back this evening.

ruggb

the print job is getting deleted apparently because the spooler cannot read the printer status. During the driver install, there was an error related to a status dll - it couldn't find it - but it did find all the rest of the files and finished the install - without that file. The file was suppose to be and was in the folder where the driver zip was expanded. The install worked fine on another computer with the same driver file, and the printer works on it.

The question now is why can't the install find that file? I suspect a bad registry entry - but which one???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online