Printer issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Schafe

:confused: When I print a receipt from a merchant on the net, it first prints out all these symbols and small sentences that make no sense to me before it actually prints the receipt. It does it for some merchants but not all. Is this with the merchant or is it a printer setting? Any and all help would be appreciated.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have asked for your post to be moved, as presumably it is a printer used with a computer
You have posted in DIY - not computer related
However do not worry about it

If there is a PRINT indicator on the receipt use that and it should be OK
If not highlight only what you wish to be printed then click File, Print and choose selection.
That should also work

When you reply, would you kindly use just the default font and not the large emboldened one you have.
Hope you do not mind me asking, but it is quite hard on the eyes.

Schafe

Macboatmaster,
I did those things already before that you suggested but still with some, not all, merchants do I get all the extra meaningless symbols and writings. It never did it before, but just started happening about 2 months ago. I have two printers on my computer and it does it to both of them. I want to get rid of this , it's a waste of ink. Would it be reasonable to call these merchants and get in touch with their website administrator and let him/her know of this situation? Hope to hear your suggestions.(y)

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
OR try this if it is as you say limited to just a couple of merchants
Were these same sites printable receipts before

On IE, Tools, Internet Options, General tab, Accessibility
On next window, ignore fonts styles on websites
Restart IE and try again
Please see screenshot

If that does not work select what you wish to print - right click copy, paste to word doc and print from there.

These will only provide a solution if the problem is the font style on part of the website

If that does not work and my colleagues suggestions do not it may help if you could send a screenshot of the garbage

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online