Printer Issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Crazyivan1998

Hello.
I own a Lexmark S405 interpret printer and use windows 8.
I printed something yesterday that had blue horizontal lines going across it, and when I Restarted the printer it came up with a printhead error. I took out and cleaned the printhead contacts, making sure not to touch the rubber with the Isopropyl alcohol I used, yet the error persisted. When I tried to run the self clean operation it said that the printer was busy.

I would appreciate any help on this topic.
Thanks.

Oddba11

Jim
The print head is likely faulty (not dirty). If Windows is stating the printer is "busy", then most likely the printer is not booting completely/properly, thus Windows can't communicate with it.

Ensure the print head is installed properly. Power off/on. Remove power for a short while, and then test again.

Aside from that, there isn't much that you can do.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online