printer issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dmurph88

I have added some shared printers on my win2k server to a few workstations. On one workstation, I added the printers (after typing in a valid username and password for the server), and they showed up as "ready". I printed a test page, etc. Every time I reboot, the printers all read "access denied, unable to connect". Please help.

You might want to check Permissions for the printers

Open the Printers folder from the Start Menu, or from the Control Panel.

Right click the printer in question, and choose Properties.

Click the Security tab to view the current permissions.

You can add or remove user accounts in the upper section, and/or highlight the user in the upper section, and change the permissions in the lower section.

Click OK

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online