1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer - no PC required

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Timemeans, Jun 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Timemeans

Timemeans Thread Starter

Does anyone know whether you can buy printers that don’t need any kind of PC set up? I don’t own a laptop or PC as I dont need one and just want to print via my tablet. Most wireless printers seem to require some kind of installation via a computer and I’m hoping someone has invented one that doesn’t?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You will have to install software onto the tablet before it can work with a printer. What tablet is it ?

3. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
  4. Timemeans

Timemeans Thread Starter

It’s a Lenovo tablet and I have an iPhone too. Ideally I’d be able to print from either but one will do. Any recommendations on printers of what specifically to look for in the spec?

5. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    The links list supported printers.

6. Timemeans

Timemeans Thread Starter

Ok great thanks. I found this list before and whilst i saw they support wireless printing, some of them seem to still require PC set up....

7. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    I've set up printers for Google Cloud Print without a computer. Look for one with a built-in display or interface that doesn't require a Windows or Mac OS computer.

8. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I did some research and apparently Windows 10 can use a wireless printer without extra software.

Lenovo make several tablets, which one is yours ?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice