1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer Not Lining Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brvsfn01, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brvsfn01

Brvsfn01 Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    I am not sure if there is a solution to the problem I am experiencing but I want to put it out and hopefully someone can give me some guidance on this. I recently bought an HP 4480 All-In-One printer to replace my venerable Epson Photo Stylus R320 that died a noble death. I have never been a fan of the 180 degree printers always preferring a printer that runs its media through a more or less straight path but is seems as if the 180 degree printers are the only option these days.

I find myself printing on card stock quite a bit for address cards, business cards, place cards, and the like and while I do not have any difficulties in printing in regular paper whenever I have to print on card stock the registration winds up being way off by the time the media has made its way 180 degrees through the printer. I have contacted HP about this and they ignore my emails and the Tech I got on the telephone when I called HP in addition to not being able to speak or understand the English language just didn't have a clue and was totally useless to me.

What is happening is that the feed rollers are way too aggressive in feeding the media through my printer and the image winds up being way too low on the card(s). The image is acceptable on the upper cards and slips progressively lower as the media feeds through the printer.

I have tried everything I can think of. I have run the HP Feed Roller Cleaning Cycle numerous times, I have tried to print the card stock from and empty and a full tray, I have tried to pull the sheet back a half inch before hitting the Print button and nothing works. I have read the Users Guide, I have looked through all of the settings and I find nothing that will address this problem.

Can anyone on this Forum offer any suggestions on how I can get this problem fixed? My next step is to toss this POS out the window and buy a good, quality used Epson printer off of Amazon.Com.

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice