Solved printer not moving paper through right

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gingersather

Brother DCP-L2540DW printer is not moving the paper thru correctly. It is printing about 3 " below the top of the page. I thought maybe the rollers that push the paper thru weren't working on time. I have looked in the manual for trouble shooting, in the paper draw for correct position of paper, checked the rollers to see if they are stuck. Pulling my hair out here, hope somebody can help. Thank You!!

First Name
Jim
I've not used any Brother printers, but some printers have a calibration option in the drivers where they will print to check alignment.

Aside from that, you could attempt completely uninstalling, and starting over from scratch to rule out a software/driver issue.

gingersather

I've not used any Brother printers, but some printers have a calibration option in the drivers where they will print to check alignment.

Aside from that, you could attempt completely uninstalling, and starting over from scratch to rule out a software/driver issue.

Thank You! It seems it only does it with the printer's software paperport. So there's another lead for me to check out.

gingersather

Thank You!! Now I've discovered it only does it with the printer's software paperport . So I will try reinstalling that driver.

gingersather

Brother DCP-L2540DW printer is not moving the paper thru correctly. It is printing about 3 " below the top of the page. I thought maybe the rollers that push the paper thru weren't working on time. I have looked in the manual for trouble shooting, in the paper draw for correct position of paper, checked the rollers to see if they are stuck. Pulling my hair out here, hope somebody can help. Thank You!!
I take it you tried the printer's internal self test page and that printed correctly?
yes, thank you

gingersather

Yes, I did and it worked fine, it looks like it is Soda PDF that is messing up, not paperport. Thanks for your help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online