1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printer not printing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by agbe981, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. agbe981

agbe981 Thread Starter

there is this usb printer at work which was printing fine. the printer has stop functioning. when i went to printer properties and checked the ports section, i realised that usb port is not showing. how do i fix this problem.

the printer is hp officejet 6500 wireless

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Try to determine what's wrong with the printer. Out of paper? Paper jam? Low ink? Etc.

3. agbe981

agbe981 Thread Starter

the printer print when u do a test print on the printer itself. all the inks are full. the printer does not print when u issue a printer from the computer. i have changed the USB cable and still can not print

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

OK, so you now suspect that the printer is good but there is a computer problem.

Maybe a simple fix would be to just remove/delete/uninstall the printer and then install it as if a new printer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058813