1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer not printing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Axiom911, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axiom911

Axiom911 Thread Starter

I have a Dell 3110cn Color Laser Printer and it was working fine. Now, it won't print. I have reinstalled drivers and the like. I believe it is because my 'magenta' cartridge is empty. Anyone know if there is any way to make it print with empty color cartridges, as I only print in black and white anyways.

2. Waldo_II

Waldo_II

When you try to print something, what kind of an error does it give you? Just the standard "Put more magenta in the printer" kind of error?

3. Axiom911

Axiom911 Thread Starter

it fires up like its about to print.. then it powers down and says "refil magenta cartridge"

i just called dell tech support, they said with that printer there is no way to go around it. if any cartridge is empty, it will not print.

im still thinking there might be someting out there to override it. its $360 for the color cartridges... ridiculous!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice