1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer not working right

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Totalstranger, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Totalstranger

Totalstranger Thread Starter

I have a kodak printer that I tried to use cheap ink cartrges on. It now only prints some fadedletters and faded hrizontal lines across the page. Someone told me that the cheap non brand name ink cartrges really mess up kodak printers and even cause them to not be fixable. I had another kodak printer that did the same thing a few years ago, but I do not remember if I was using non brand name ink or not. Has anyone heard of this before?

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

i don't know the specifics about that - But I do know that 3rd party cartidges refilled can be as good / better quality , having been remotely involved in a large recycle / recondition ink cartridge manufacturer and supplier
    BUT
    as i say i don't know about the kodak

try looking in the options for the printer , I have only played with the All-in-1 and they have a program installed on the PC
    called kodak tools
    maintenance and should have some cleaning options
    have you tried these ?

3. Totalstranger

I tried using mantenance tools like align, clean and calibrate. They did not work. A message popped up that read: "Check for errors or if printer is busy and try again". It is not busy and the only errors I can find is the one mentioned at the start of this thead and the tools do not work. I am going to look through the software some more and check back here later. Is that the tools I needed to try? Thank You for your response.

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

yes thats what i was thinking

given the cost of printers , its probably cheaper to buy new then replace all the cartridges these days

5. CorvallisKid

CorvallisKid

Sounds like you might have refilled cartridges in your printer.that weren't tested after refiling, or you've run out of ink. If they came with a warranty, get them replaced at n/c unless they are out of ink.

6. marbski

marbski

your printer need more attention to a technical personel,, try to bring that to the nearest repair shop they will cleaned it the clog ink and etc.

7. Totalstranger

Yes about the cost of printers and ink. 2 or 3 years ago a Comp USA Store closed. I bought 5 printers for $29.99 each. The ink cost more than that. So for a while I changed printers not ink.
    The Kodak got turned off over night and now it works. Thank You all for your responses.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067181