1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printer not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr_Cat_Poop, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Cat_Poop

Mr_Cat_Poop Thread Starter

Dear Friends,
    I did not find this covered exactly in other threads so here goes:
    I installed a very inexpensive printer (Apollo p2200) for a friend. After installing the software, an attempt was made for our first print. The printer buzzed and whistled and put the paper into position but would not print it. An error message came on board that said,
    "There was an error writing to LPT 1: for the printer (Apollo P2200 Series). There was a problem printing to the printer due to an unknown system error. Restart windows, then try printing again."

I did restart windows same thing happened. I uninstalled the software, removed the Apollo as my default, reinstalled everything. The same thing happened as described above and the same system error message came back. I even took the printer back to Office Max and exchanged it, uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything and got the same results down to the same error message. Any thoughts on what to do?

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Mr_Cat_Poop
    Depending on the OS the printer is running on you may have to update the drivers. Go to the MFG website and see if they have drivers for that printer and the specific OS.
    Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice