printer port not recognized during setup hpdeskjet 697C

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lizzybeth

I recently formated my c:\ drive and reinstalled the operating system. I went from WinMe to 98. The printer port is listed as fine in device manager, but when I try to run the printer instalation which I downloaded from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...c=en&product=61014&os=20&softwareitem=dj520en .
Although during setup it gives me no ports to choose from and the setup consequently fails. The printer and port worked fine before I formated my drive. Could anybody possibly help?
Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online