1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printer ports

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by highhoney34, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. highhoney34

highhoney34 Thread Starter

i've been trying to install a lexmark printer and i cannot seem to to do it. my computer keeps telling me it cannot find an installed printer port. but when i look into my system the printer port is there what the ? am i doing wrong ,the disk that came with it won't even install i've got window's 95 and no cd. i'm not sure what to do next anybody have any answers?
    :confused:

2. Monk_

Monk_

Can you provide some more info on your system? You may have to go into BIOS and enable the printer port. Also, do you mean you dont have a CD drive or a Win95 CD?

3. mesmith

mesmith

What printer port do you have selected it should be LPT1 if its a local port using a parallel cable. Also check in your BIOS that in the
    Parallel port option that ECP is selected and that option>>>
    Onboard parallel port is set to 378h. then save and exit and reboot system.

Good luck

4. Dan O

Dan O

You may need a new ieee 1284 printer cable.

5. highhoney34

highhoney34 Thread Starter

my computer is a dell optiplex gxm 5100 pentium
    i have a cd but no windows95 disk
    thanx for the advice i'll try it

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64025

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice