Printer & Print server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gill501

I have a Kodak 5100 AIO printer. I purchased also a Belkin wireless print server to allow me to send documents from my laptop to print out upstairs on the Kodak. However....having tried to set the server up with no luck I can now find no information to say that the kodak supports a server. I know it will definately take a bluetooth adaptor however my laptop does not have bluetooth installed. Belkin website says to press "white" reset/test button on back of server once all wires connected and this will print out IP address to allow me to set up tcp/ip port. There is no white button but a black button on the server but pressing this does nothing. Wondering if there is any workaround for this or whether I should just return server.
Also... if anyone has the Kodak 5100, does yours power down itself after not used for 30 mins or so, anyway of stopping this happening?
Thanks, Gill

The current line of Kodak printers are based on an Epson design, with the print heads mounted separately inside the machine, and use a cold-ink delivery system - this means it uses an acrylic based in its inks as a drying agent. What this all means is to preserve the print heads so they don't dry out prematurely, the unit will power down automatically so that the heat the system creates does not dry it out. So the answer is no.

As for the print servers, is the Kodak associated with another computer, or is the laptop the only thing working with it? If it is with another computer, you can always use it as the print server with less fuss than adding a wireless one.

But, if the Belkin is the way to go, they do work well, having used one, though not all models want to work with AIOs, since the scanning option usually messes things up. Have you tried Belkin's 800 number? They've been pretty good in the past at working out kinks in their machines. You should have gotten a form with it in your package.

A-N

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online