1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer printing wrong colours

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by RadicalMix66, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadicalMix66

RadicalMix66 Thread Starter

My printed sheets are coming out pretty poor. But it's not completely wrong, more like a blend of the wrong colour and the right one on the images. But the more I print the worse it seems to get. However, when I start a new print session the first sheet is of the same colour standard as the first of the last lot.

How do I decide whether it is because the ink cartridge is running low or not? Those little badboys are pricey.

On a seemingly more random note, do home printers have any electromagnetic shielding. #ElectronicWarfare

It's only a low end Canon but I've had similar problems with all the Epsons I've had before.

2. huggie54

huggie54

hiya,if you do not use the printer regularly and is situated in a warm place then the heads tend to dry,your printer should have a monitoring program you can use to see the ink levels and to clean/realign/nozzle check etc, the printing heads probably need a clean,you may have to do this several times printing the nozzle check after each time.

3. RadicalMix66

RadicalMix66 Thread Starter

Hi.

Yeah I did a head clean. It does get used regularly. The clean didn't make any difference really. When I start printing something the first page or two are normally fine before it starts messing up. I changed the cartridges and the same thing happened again on the first printout I did. Just took a few pages longer....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice