Printer Problem (hp psc 950xi)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kidpro89

my printer hp psc 950xi has a problem with the scanner. it prints fine from the computer but the scanner doesnt work, wat is the reason?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
When you say the scanner doesn't work, are you getting an error message?

kidpro89

i'm using Windows XP and when i try to scan, it flashes really fast scanner failure and then it just keeps on saying warming up.

gotrootdude ru saying i should uninstall the printer and then reinstall it?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Most scanners come with a cheap scanning program.....like Textbridge, Omnipage, etc. I think the HPs use HPScan or something like that. Did you install the software that came with it?

Did the scanner ever work? I see it's a discontinued product.

kidpro89

i had the printer for at least one year, and now for the last month or so the scanner doesnt work.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Have you tried reinstalling the software from the HP site? It's quite a large download. You may have to manually remove the old installation first.

Another thing to check, start, run, type msconfig and hit enter, go to the startup tab. Do you have stimon running there?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online