Printer problem-"Hurry up and Wait"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dirdev

I have a Brother 5040 laser printer. The first job prints fine. The printer then waits 4-6 minutes before printing the next job.

The waiting jobs show up in the printer queue, they are in the print spool file, but won't print until the time has expired. If there are 2 or more jobs waiting in the queue, then the subsequent jobs all print one after the other once the second starts. But if a job finishes, then I try to print another, it stalls again.

For instance, I print a letter, then print the envelope. 4-6 minute wait. It is not a matter of lack of memory in the printer (8 MB) or complicated jobs. The job is not getting through to the printer as indicated by the message lights.

Same condition exists no matter what program I print from. I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer, updated the driver.

I am using a USB2 port for the printer. Have tweaked all the printer settings to no avail. There are no stray .shb or .spl files in the \spool\PRINTERS file.

I have also checked settings in registry under spooler (eg added JobPrintWhilstSpooling.)

Thanks for any help. I am tired of "hurry up and wait."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online