1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer problem - No color!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by musik01, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musik01

musik01 Thread Starter

All of a sudden when I print in color it is printing a portion of the intended item and then it gets hung up.

I have a HP Deskjet 812C and have tried installing a new driver and still the problem persists.

Currently in my print folder I have: HP Deskjet, HP Deskjet 812C, HP Deskjet 810C Series. It prints in color when I have it on 810C but since it hangs up I had to switch it to 812C which prints in black and white. When I have it on this printer it completes printing but only in black and white.

On occasion it will print the whole document in color but usually not. I have wasted many a papers with this annoying problem. It had been printing fine then wham it started giving me trouble.

When attempting to color print I have gotten messages about the communication being off between the computer and the printer when it hangs up. Also when it hangs up and I try to delete the print job it even hangs up there and the printer continues to show in the lower left corner. I have to reboot the compouter to get it to delete the job....

Help please!

2. KMW

KMW

Just wondering if it could be the cartidge, mine (lexmark) plays up if the ink is refilled to often. Worth checking, will your printer software let you print a test page?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice