1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wes0125, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wes0125

wes0125 Thread Starter

Printer is a Brother MFC 7440N connected as network printer. PC is a Dell Optiplex running Win 7. We run most of our applications thru a "cloud" and it prints fine. The printer is setup as a network printer, but when I try to view it via Printers & Devices, it takes forever to try to list and nothing shows. Originally, I could see it when I logged into PC (I'm a Domain Administrator, but the user (Domain User) could not. Both of us are Administrators on the PC. I tried to change both of us to a different Administrator category (Win 7 shows 2) but the change didn't take and now I can't print or see the Devices and Printers.

When we try to print a Word 2003 document, nothing happens. Notepad prints.

I have deleted and reinstalled the printer from scratch twice. I have reinstalled MS Office twice. The first time it worked for a while but then stopped printing. The second install didn't solve anything.

I'm not sure if it's a Win7 prob, Word prob or what.
    If you need additional info, please ask. I'm very confused on this one.

Thanks for your help.

Wes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055789