1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marye Heitzman, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marye Heitzman

Marye Heitzman Thread Starter

I used a program called spybot. It messed up a lot of things on my computer. Norton antivirus wouldn't run, external cd rom was missing, etc. I have solved all the problems except that my HP722C deskjet printer will not print. It will only shoot out blank pages. I got it to print one page from Microsoft word, but printshop won't print and can't print off the internet. I completely reinstalled the software, but it still won't do anything but shoot out blank pages. Help!!!!!!

2. Marye Heitzman

none of the hp software will work either. Can not troubleshoot or do anything with the software, but can print a test sheet.

My visionerr paperport 6100 won't work either. get error message that says......cannot load the file C:\paprport\maxlink3.dll.

I think spybot has destroyed some of my dll files. I tried to reinstall both items with no success. I recovered everything spybot had altered but that didn't work either. I have removed spybot so that there are no further problems.

3. prowler351

prowler351

this sounds just like my problem,so id like you to post up here if you figured it out marye

4. Marye Heitzman

It ended up being a windows 98 problem. There were many missing and corrupted files. Had to have windows 98 re-installed by a professional and he worked out all the kinks.

5. Marye Heitzman

Since having windows 98 repaired, I reinstalled Spybot and it works fine.

6. prowler351

prowler351

thx,hope i dont need to reinstall

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!