1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Greenpeacer, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Greenpeacer

Greenpeacer Thread Starter

Ok this is the first time I've ever posted, because usually i can take care of my self (plus I just found this) but this is the deal.....

I have a Cannon S400 It has FULL ink cartridges and they are inserted Correctly, this is really pissing me off but I will not print black, any help would be SO appreciated!! have a happy v day!

2. Morania

Morania

How long have you had this printer? Are there any settings deep in the accompanying software you may be overlooking?

3. crownydowny

crownydowny

i recently had the same problem. did it print black before? if it did then how long has it been since u used it the heads might be clogged it took me several serveral nozzle cleans to fix this prob

4. Greenpeacer

I've had this printer for just a little over a year, and there are no other proplems that I can see in the software. We've recently moved and the printer has been packed up and not used for a looooong time, so that might do something.
    Maybe I do need to clean it, but how do I go about doing that?

--Many thanks and lots of love

5. Morania

Morania

That's where the printer's control software comes in again. Look around your programs for the printer software and try to bring up a control panel window or maybe go to My Computer>Printers>Right click the printer in question and select properties to look for something that offers to clean the printer head. If you find anything like that, the printer will go through a series of operations that sounds like the cartridge is dragging its butt across a carpet.
    Also, if you haven't used it in a while, the little bubble jets could be clogged with dry ink form ions ago. Put a little alcohol in a dish, like 1/8" or less and set the print head in it for a few minutes to loosen up all that crap. Then run the cleaning thingy again or use a soft paint brush the remove the goo from the jets.
    Oh yeah. Drivers. I know, we beat that inot the ground around here but ya never know. Maybe your machine isn't talking to the black side as well as the color side.

6. Morania

Morania

Look at the little coppery part that connects to the printer's carriage. Does it look green and horrible? Pencil erasers clean this circuitry.
    This may even be a good time to just get a new cartridge if the dirty situation is causing you problems.
    That was alot of typing. Beer break.

7. Greenpeacer

Thank you so much!!! My printer is now working very much like it should....and that was a very interesting description of that sound....lol

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118888

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice