1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer problem

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Steviem66, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Steviem66

Steviem66 Thread Starter

I am unable to print anything from my HP Pavillion Windows 10. latest version and fully updated The printer drivers/software are current. This same issue is also present with any printer I try to install. Have ran the printer troubleshooters to no avail. Every time I try to print something there is an error message ''Windows cannot print due a problem with the current printer setup'' which is strange because the setup process is fully automated. Also none of the corrective suggestions are of any help either. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to solve this annoying problem?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you want anyone here to help you with your printer issue, you need to provide a detailed description (brand name, model name, model number, serial number, etc.) of that printer.

Are you using Windows 10's generic printer driver, or have you installed the software driver package for that printer?

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. Steviem66

Steviem66 Thread Starter

Epson XP 412 Model C462K Serial no. S5EK025047

I have installed the latest software for the printer.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm guessing you actually have an Epson Expression Home XP-412 printer.
    If you do, HERE is its support site.

I've used nothing but HP printers since 1997, so I'm not familiar with setting up and using Epson printers.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. Steviem66

Steviem66 Thread Starter

Ok thanks for your reply but like I said the problem is that I cannot print anything on either of the printers I have tried, so I'm thinking there is a driver conflict or corruption issue. I'm unfamiliar with the setting up of a printer in Win 10 which doesn't help. But further reading suggests driver conflicts are likely when you have two or more printers installed in good old Win 10. Therefore that's what I'm looking at now.

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    That's not true about Windows 10.
    I had HP DeskJet 2549 and HP DeskJet 3632 printers set up with my Windows 10 desktop, and they both work fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------

7. Steviem66

Steviem66 Thread Starter

Off Topic: Well I guess we each have our own experiences, some good, some bad, and that's how we tend to base our opinions. Overall I feel Win 10 is weaker than both Win XP and Win 7 for usability, privacy and customizability.

8. Lanctus

Lanctus

I work IT for a large company. Many of our PCs use Windows 10, and all of the managers (no matter the dept) have access to multiple printers/scanners ranging from HP, Xerox, etc. I know, because I'm one of the System Admins who set them up. All of these devices require different drivers, and there has yet to be a driver conflict for a user with these machines.

We each have our own experiences yes, but there are reasons why a device will or won't work. Responding to flavalee with an "opinion" response when he gave you facts that disagreed with your already formed opinion, is unnecessary. Drivers may suffer from all manner of issues, but Win 10 is fully capable of having multiple printer/scanner drivers without conflict.

Have you looked at the IP addresses to make sure there's no conflict? Are the printers on the right gateway? Are there multiple gateways? Is this a home network?

9. Steviem66

Steviem66 Thread Starter

@Lanctus. Thanks for your comments, and I respect what you have to say in your IT capacity about device driver issues and Win 10 capabilties. On this occasion perhaps I have just been unlucky, but what I will say that after I uninstalled the software/drivers for a Printer I no longer use I was then able to print. Just one of those inexplicables I guess.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice